Friday, August 3, 2012

Video Blog #1: Moving in new surroundings

It's been quite a trip since I relocated to Albany, NY from San Francisco.  Although, I will miss the beauty of San Francisco and the Bay Area, I'm beginning to settle into my new surroundings.

There are wonderful parks nearby to hike, picnic, and swim where there are lakes.  The other day I went to Tawasentha Park in the town of Guilderland (15 minutes west of downtown Albany).  Lots of trails to explore, picnic areas, a community pool, a baseball field, and a beautiful creek that wraps around half of it (or most of it).  It's a smaller park, but definitely brings you into nature.  I danced by the creek and with the trees.  I also brought along my new Mini Flip HD camera ;-) I had been wanting one of those for ages!  I'm so glad I  shut up about it and invested in it.

I'm finding my city/urban persona is hanging back, so my nature persona can grow.  One of the reasons to move was to get re-aquainted with nature and I'm realizing I had to move out of the city to do that.  Funny how living in San Francisco distracted me away from nature when it's surrounded by so much.  The intention was always there and I did make little trips to nature, saying to myself "I should do this every other weekend or twice a month."  But I would get caught up in whatever else was going on in my life.

I'm so glad my husband and I made this move.  It's a transition.  It's a change.  But I'm grateful for my family nearby, and to slow down the pace a bit.  So enjoy my first video blog of my ongoing Movement Investigation!












No comments:

Post a Comment