Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Teaching movement

I had the opportunity to guide a movement exercise over the weekend. It was nice to be the guide/teacher/witness for a change. I'm always the one following and moving from what someone else is saying. I really got to hone in on my teaching chops and this inspired me more and MORE! Although being a yoga teacher helped, I know my strengths are voice projection, being present, and holding the space and group involved. I got feedback from my group of movers, but I want more constructive feedback. What worked and didn't work.

I'm totally down with going for it. Ya have to start somewhere, right? There are going to be things that don't work, but how do you know, unless you try?

For all movement teachers, what obstacles did you run into in the beginning? What are your strengths as a teacher? What works well? Did you ever have a bad experience?

I would really LOVE to hear your experiences. If you want to respond privately, feel free to email me, lizsfilippone@gmail.com. Thank you for sharing!

No comments:

Post a Comment