Thursday, March 31, 2011

Intentions for movement practice

  • Continue meetings every 2 weeks with group
  • Free-write once a week about ideas, inspirations, thoughts, emotions, etc.
  • Obtain small notebook to carry around with me everywhere to jot down ideas and inspirations
  • Practice butoh/movement exercise once a week for 15 minutes
  • Complete group intention questions by the end of April

I think these are doable for me at this point. I tend to overload my schedule; however I've been doing a brilliant job of keeping it quite open for myself. As movement and creating performance work is important to my well-being, creating and writing down intentions is very grounding. It brings you home and reminds you of your purpose. For instance, why you do what you do; what do you love about it; how it feeds you mentally, physically, emotionally and spiritually.

Do you have a movement practice? If so, why do you do it? What are your intentions for that practice? How does movement feed your whole being?

No comments:

Post a Comment