Sunday, March 11, 2012

3-9-12 practice: The Sutro Baths

Crouching on jagged teeth, rusty and hard
prickly surface under my feet, embracing
wind and atomsphere
elements surround my body, earth
sun warming and soothing
water within my reach but above hovering over
as the waves crash against the bath house
ruins I roam and glide along the edge
the rusty, rotted teeth peer up at me
inviting, raw and beautifully revolting
it was once alive and a piece of it stays
alive, for the sea water, gulls, ducks, salt
nourish and worship its spirit that still
lingers everywhere and all around
I turn away from the vast Pacific and
acknowledge the space, sacred ground, and once
lively meeting place of past guests visitors, socializing
and soaking in the beauty and tranquility
around.

No comments:

Post a Comment